Expectations From A Nursing Career.
According to the results of an annual survey published by the American Nurses Association, “Nursing is one of the most trusted professions in the United States”. They represent about 3 million in the workforce. In addition to this, there are more than 700 thousand licensed practical nurses (LPN’s) in the United States.
After getting the nursing education, nurses must become licensed in their practicing state and are required to complete continuing education courses to maintain their licensure, depending on the rules and regulations of the state.
Quick Facts About Nursing Career:
Some of the facts about nursing career are:
- Polls show that nursing is one of the most adapted and trusted professions in the United States.
- Nurses have a wide range of specialties for pursuing their education and career.
- Nursing qualification ranges from a year diploma to a doctorate, depending on the needs. Many of the nurses start their careers with a science degree.
- Nursing training requires the period from 1 to 4 years, depending on the desired entry level.
What do nurses do?
Nurses work in multiple settings, scenarios, and possess different specialties. They can work in hospitals, healthcare centers, medical offices, community health centers, clinics, camps/shelters, nursing homes, ambulatory care, occupational health, and community health centers, and schools, etc.
Nurses perform multiple tasks depending on their area of specialty. According to the American Nurses Association (ANA), some of the nursing responsibilities are:
- Research Responsibilities.
- Performing physical examination of the patients.
- Providing patients with health promotion, counseling, and education.
- Supervising/mentoring staff such as LPN’s and nursing students.
Benefits of a nursing career
Due to nursing job security, it is the most opted profession with a great scope. It has an advanced education opportunity. Also, nursing offers a chance to work in non-traditional work environments i.e. offices, schools, and government agencies, etc.
Nursing is a rewarding career with an expected salary of about $66,640. For more information about nursing mentoring, nursing career or anything related to nursing, contact us at (612) 245-0037.